Thursday, December 19, 2019

December 19, 2019. Ancaster, Ontario. My Perfect Day.

My day began with large fluffy snow. David opened the curtains to find snow. it was beautiful, especially as we knew we could stay home. It snowed all morning but by noon the sky was clear so we were happy to be able to see the snow on the trees and fences but not be forced to deal with it when we went to Wendy's for dinner. One by one Dave and Irene and I ate breakfast sitting in comfortable chairs in the living room. And we listened to Christmas music while we talked. Dave read while Irene worked the crossword in the paper and I looked at e mails. Irene prepared lunch arounds 2:00, followed by more talking. We talked all afternoon. My deadline was 5:00 to get out of the chair, shower and get ready for dinner at 6:00. This day was a day of recovery after my journey. It was perfect. We talked all afternoon. We were all three perfectly content and happy. When we arrived for dinner, Ken and Anne greeted us at the door. They had just arrived from Vancouver, but they looked great. We had lots to talk about. I had not seen them since January 2018 when Ken was so ill in Mexico. They were both a huge help to both Ken and me so I needed to catch up on their actions. Since then they sold their house and bought a condo, all in Vancouver. At the end of the year they will retire and in March they will be ready to head out on their boat. Soon Norm and Diane arrived for dinner too. We ate a tourtierre, a delicious French Canadian dish. With broccoli and corn we ate a meal fit for the king. Ginger cookies, shortbread and brownies made for a delicious dessert. Alana, Wendy's daughter, came late straight from work. Our evening was a delight. In truth, my whole day was perfect. I had a wonderful time the whole day.

No comments: