Friday, December 13, 2019

December 13, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Friends.

my friends indulge me. My friend Sara Lou reads my blog regularly so she feels as if we have had a good conversation but she knows it is a one way conversation. She knows about me but I know nothing about her. So every so often, when she is not too busy, we talk on the phone, just as we would do if we were sitting drinking a second cup of coffee. We talk for ages. And I like it. This week I heard about her month long trip in Africa, which was marvelous. And I caught up on her grandchildren. I enjoy these conversations. By now she makes sure to call me when she has time on her hands. I appreciate her indulgence. All the time I have been on chemotherapy my friends Wendy e mailed me every day, sometimes twice a day. She sent me healing hugs which I appreciated. My Mississippi friends indulge me by coming for coffee or lunch. They enjoy our conversations too as I have a different history and perspective than they, who have lived in Mississippi all their lives. I have to work harder in Mississippi to avoid being lonely as my circle of friends is small but the friends I have are especially helpful by indulging me. This Sunday evening friend Eleanor will pick me up so I can attend the Christmas Concert at their church. Last year she took me just a few days after Ken died. The choir and the singing allowed my spirits rise and set me on the proper path. I am grateful for my friends and hope they continue to indulge me.

No comments: