Saturday, December 14, 2019

December 14, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Il Volo.

There are so many talented people in the world just keeping up with them is difficult. These three young men have been singing together for ten years, when they were all teenagers. PBS did a special 10 year anniversary program. The three men are Italian and the concert was held in a city in Italy. All the speaking was in English but many songs were in Italian. These young men are good. PBS was having a fund raiser but in-between their talking I got to hear wonderful singing. I enjoyed their concert and will watch for them in the future. This evening, I watched a concert from Hawaii of Engelbert Humperdink. He is not young but he could still sing and sing well. His granddaughter sang a song with him that was sweet. I had not heard him sing for years but there he was, looking old but still singing. PBS does a good job of putting these programs together. I enjoyed listening to all the old songs. I don't think he is still recording. He sang all the old songs that he made popular. The audience sang along with him with every song. It was fun watching the audience. A couple of times he stopped singing but the audience just kept singing. He just laughed. I am enjoying all these Christmas special Both Monday and Tuesday will be special Christmas concerts on PBS. I will keep track of times and dates so not to miss them. I am still waiting to hear The Texas Tenors. But I especially enjoyed Il Volo, three young men with oodles of talent.

No comments: