Monday, December 2, 2019

December 2, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Murray Lewin.

I met Murray in 1953, when we moved to Toronto and started attending the Danforth Corps of the Salvation Army. He was just a few months younger than me and he was one of the group of kids who hung out together at church. I have been friends with him ever since. He died on Sunday. We called him Moose because he was so big. And he was funny. His health was not good the past few years but he was always enthusiastic about what he was doing, even though his activities were limited. He went to work as a printer right out of high school and worked in the same print shop for 46 years. His father died when Murray was three. His brother was 8 years his senior. Murrays mother took in foster children in order to pay the bills. She was a nice lady and she raised two fine boys. His wife, Fairie, was a long time family friend. In fact I have known her my whole life. Interesting to note that Murray and Fairie's daughter married the son of Marg and Eric, another set of good friends. Ken and I worked at a camp just outside of Boston in the summer of 1960. Moose drove down to visit us while we were there. One Saturday night Ken and I along with Moose convinced Sharon, the head lady counselor to sneak out of camp to get a pizza. We had a good time, then drove home. But Murray had gone the wrong way and we soon discovered that we were close to Provincetown, which was a long way from home. I think that was the only naughty thing Sharon ever did. But we were able to get back into camp with no trouble. Moose thought the whole thing funny. I will miss Moose. I talked with Fairie tonight. She too must get used to living alone. I urged her to think of all the things she was grateful for, and list them every morning. It will work.

1 comment:

Boante Ray said...

Effective and powerful love spell and lottery spell caster Dr Gbojie . 
Life is always beautiful when you are with the true person you love. For almost a year my lover had broke up with me and I was lonely and sad cuz I really do love my partner, luckily I was directed to a very kind and Great spell caster Dr Gbojie  who helped me to bring back my lover to me and today I am with him now and happy together.... Am very grateful for what you have done for me Dr gbojie, I promise to make sure the whole world get to know about this great spell caster....he also specialize on other spells like lottery spell,Protection Spell,Court Case Spell, Love spell,Email him via gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com OR gbojiespiritualtemple@yahoo.Com , what app on +2349066410185 website : http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me/