Monday, December 16, 2019

December 16, 2019. Madison,. Mississippi. The Storm.

Yesterday there was a forecast for storm this afternoon, starting at 3:00. Both the TV and my phone gave me the same information. I made it a point to go walking in the morning, so at 11:30 I headed out wearing a T shirt and sneakers. The temperature was 74. I walked to the mail box to leave mail for the postman and discovered that the wind was blowing hard. Leaves were flying off the trees. I have been told not to walk outside with a strong wind. Our subdivision has many trees and sometimes a limb or a tree comes down so I did as I was taught and I turned around and went back into the house. Within five minutes, the rain started which kept up all afternoon and evening. Soon I heard thunder. Late in the afternoon a tornado watch was listed east of Jackson. We did have heavy rain and thunder and lightning early this evening but we never did lose power which pleased me. I wanted to listen to the Salt Lake City Tabernacle Choir concert. The storm moved north and east so skirted us in Madison. Tomorrow will be cold. 45 degrees. And Wednesday will be clear and cold. Everyone pays attention to storm forecasts here, even me. People stay indoors during periods of heavy rain and wind. Fortunately the storms do not last. It is still raining but we have no thunder or even heavy winds. Once again, we dodged a big storm.

No comments: