Friday, December 20, 2019

December 20, 2019. Ancaster, Ontario. My Bed.

Irene was concerned. The guest room is on the front of the house directly over the garage. The ceiling of the garage is insulated but the garage door is not, so the garage gets cool which seeps up into the guest room, which is my room. In order to be sure I would be warm, she bought new flannel sheets. They are llamas wearing a Santa clause hat. Next she put on their warmest duvet. And finally she set out the wool Hudson's Bay blanket for me to use. So far I have slept in the guest room twice. I can report success. I slept well both nights. I was warm and cosy. I did put the wool blanket on top of the duvet. The first evening I wondered if I should just put the blanket on the chair and add it to the bed if I got cool. But I decided not to leave anything to chance so I added it to the bed clothes. The weather has been cold. The temperature was 14 degrees F. That is cold. Fortunately I have good warm clothes but I always seem to have cold legs. But when I get into my warm and cosy bed, my legs get warm. And I am grateful for all Irene's efforts.

No comments: