Wednesday, December 4, 2019

December 4, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Walking.

Florence told me not to walk by myself. When she was out for a walk in Florida on a perfectly lovely day, she woke up in the emergency room of the local hospital. She was feeling fine but something happened. Even after three days of tests, no one figured out what was the matter. But some stranger called 911 and she was taken to the hospital. Eventually she woke up. Her advice to me was to never walk alone. But of course, I do it all the time in my neighborhood. Kashina does not like to walk so she takes me to places where I can walk, such as the grocery store or the drug store where she can watch me from a distance. Today we decided to go to the Northside Mall. I wanted to see the decorations and I thought that the place would not be crowded. First we both had pedicures, only the second one she had in her life. Next we went to the Mall so I could walk. I needed to carry my purse because we were going to the Food Court for lunch. I thought I could walk freely because I assumed that the Mall would be mostly empty. I had heard that no one shops in real stores. But the place was crowded so in order to walk, I needed to hold Kashina's arm, which is not easy for long distances. While Kashina was in the restroom, I spotted a rack of children's buggies. The little cart looked like a fancy little car for the child, with two spots on the handle for drinks, along with a tall pole that alerts other people. I decided it would be perfect for me so when Kashina returned we used my credit card and paid the money which released the cart. I was set. Now I could walk with my cart and not bump into people, or have them not bump into me. I could walk faster with my own cart and at the beginning of each isle, Kashina would stand and watch as I walked to the end and back. I feel sure I looked odd but did not care. My walk was easier with a children buggy. Kashina and I decided that the next time I go to the Mall to walk we will take a walker....and save money. And the Christmas decorations were pretty. We almost had a picture of the both of us with Santa but we saved our money. Next time we will go walking at the Renaissance Mall which is all outdoors. We will need warmer weather.

No comments: