Saturday, December 28, 2019

December 28, 2019. Ancaster, Ontario. Joyce and Bill.

They drove all the way from Stoufille, just to have lunch with me. And I appreciated the effort because I enjoyed their company. They live east and a bit north of Toronto so it is quite a long drive but the day was glorious with no rain and with full sun, perfect weather for driving. The GPS brought them right into the complex but they forgot to bring the unit number, which was 10 so being resourceful, they knocked on a few doors until finally someone was home and directed them to Dave and Irene. They chatted with Dave and Irene for a few minutes, then we were off to my now favorite restaurant, Cavello Nero. Our lunch was everything I had hoped it would be. The service was good. And the waiter left us lots of time to talk in between courses. As it was yesterday, the food was excellent. And we talked. Usually, Joyce and Bill spend the winters in Florida. But two years ago the enjoyed two months in Portugal, which they enjoyed. This year they will stay at home and organize their belongings because they have purchased a condo which is now under construction. They are organizing and shedding belongings, something we have all done. The problem for them is to decided when to put their home up for sale. I had no advice because I do not know anything about the real estate market in Ontario. They do not wish to sell their present home before the condo is complete. Smart people. In addition, my friend Florence, who is the sister of Joyce, has purchased a condo in the next building to them., which pleased me. My system of inviting my friends has worked. I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch with Bill and Joyce. I have been their friends since I was 15, which is a long time and certainly worth celebrating. I am grateful that they drove all the way for lunch with men. Hats off to them.

No comments: