Monday, February 10, 2020

February 10, 2020. Playa Royale, Mexico. Randy and Gaby.

Randy is the son of Ray Dickie, who is a first cousin of Ken. Technically, Randy is a first cousin, once removed. At least that is what I think he is. Gaby is Randy's wife of many years. They have two lovely daughters, Jennifer and Rachel. At our 50th and 55th celebrations, our 6 granddaughters along with the other two cousins called themselves "The Dickie Chicks". So we know Gaby and Randy well. They have visited us in Nova Scotia and we enjoy their company. In the past, they have stayed at the Vidanta, in the Grand Lux but never at the same time as us. I e mailed Gaby to tell her when we were in Mexico and asked if they would be there at the same time. Gaby said she had not booked anything this year as she had been too busy. It took me several days but it eventually dawned on me that I would have an empty bedroom. So I invited them to join us. Ian is Randy's uncle and both Rita and Ian know them well. So we are just a happy group of cousins enjoying ourselves in the warm air. Randy and Gaby own a cottage outside Parry Sound, which was ken's home town. The cottage is on a lake and they now spend summers there. Randy works from home so it works for him to be at the cottage. And they own a time share in Florida which they have exchanged all over the world. So we have a lot in common. Tomorrow, all four will go to the market across the street. But I will stay home and await all the goodies they will. bring back. I am delighted they have come to visit and am pleased that I finally invited them. I am enjoying being with Randy and Gaby.

No comments: