Saturday, February 15, 2020

February 15, 2020. Playa Royale, Mexico. Change.

The only thing I know for sure in life is that things will change. I seem to have all my ducks in a row, then all of a sudden, things change. My Cuban cook, Dreyses, has moved to Florida with her family. So I have no cook in Mississippi. This past autumn she actually cooked too much food, which I have put in the freezer. I plan on eating that food this Spring so I do not intend to replace her. My friend Butch has been house bound for 5 months. He has been using services who bring meals to his door and he has loved it. I might do the same. And Stewart has just told me that he will not be able to cook for me this summer in Nova Scotia. His catering business has expanded and he will be too busy to bring me meals. I have only used him when I had company and as no one has told me they are coming to Nova Scotia, perhaps I do not need catered meals. In Mexico, the good folks who visit me also cook the meals so perhaps I should institute that system. Or maybe we could go out for dinner. I will have to figure it out. Friends are staying in the Guest House for two weeks in July but they will look after their own meals. I will ask and see if I can find another cook willing to prepare our dinners. I will figure it out. Change has happened in our condo too. Randy flew home today as he has an important meeting on Monday. And Rachel, the younger daughter of Gaby and Randy, will arrive tomorrow at noon. So our cast of characters in the condo will change. I always enjoy having the younger generation living in the house so I look forward to her company. I am always amazed how many changes occur in my life. Now I must figure out what to do about Nova Scotia. Not easy.

No comments: