Sunday, February 23, 2020

February 23, 2020. Playa Royale, Mexico. Pool People.

The folks around the pool have changed. This week a whole new group has moved in. I hardly recognized anyone today. In fact, on Monday when I was in the hot tub a lady came over to speak to me. She said she was delighted to see me again and was pleased to see that I was again at Playa. Today she passed me again on the deck of the pool and hugged me as she and her family were heading to the beach. My problem is that I have no idea who she is and when I got to know her. But pool people are like that. This week I chatted with a couple from Winnipeg. It takes me 45 minutes to get through my exercises in the deep water and we talked the whole time. I have not seen them since but when I do, I will feel as if they were old friends. . My friend who I do not know told me that she had been looking for me all week but did not see me so she was delighted to spot me today. Now I must figure out who she is and where I got to know her, all the while I must pretend I know her. Whew. Since I arrived January 5 the same folks had been at the pool. Ted and Kathy I see and I always sit with Rosa. But even she noted that a whole new group has arrived. The Italians who stop to visit her are new this week so I have had to get to know a whole new group. In the early years here most people were owners but now many folks are renting. I suppose the full time owners have gotten old so rent out their units. The new groups are younger too. My hot tub friends of this year have gone home. And soon I will be home too. The caste of characters at the pool are always changing. Except for my friend Rosa. She is always at her same palapa which pleases me.

No comments: