Sunday, February 16, 2020

February 16, 2020. Playa Royale, Mexico. Valentine's Day.

I said NO. We are not going out for dinner on February 14. The restaurants are too crowded. Ken and I never celebrated Valentines Day anyway. I assured them that the four of them could go out. But I would stay home. No one liked the idea. The problem was that they were taking the trip to San Sebastian that day so even going out for lunch to celebrate was impossible. I twice refused. Gaby wanted us all to go the the Fajita Republic just down the street. The restaurant is on the canal, and the tables go down in steps, which makes it difficult for me to get around. So I said no to that too. But we compromised. We went out for breakfast on Wednesday at La Isla, the Mexican restaurant right beside the road. And we celebrated Valentines Day early. It was perfect. We could walk in the daytime. The placed was not crowded and her food is excellent. Our late breakfast was delightful. We all ate large Mexican breakfasts and drank their good coffee. And we got home just after noon. No lunch for us. I was happy.

No comments: