Wednesday, February 5, 2020

February 5, 2020. Playa Royale, Mexico. Wonderful Wendy and Ken.

Wonderful Wendy lived up to her name. She and Ken looked after me during their weeks in Mexico. Ken cooked dinners until Rita and Ian arrived. After that time, they look turns cooking dinner. Wendy did everything else. Last thing at night, she set up the coffee for the morning. She was always the first one up so she pushed the button to brew the coffee. When I got up, I poured myself a cup of coffee, then joined her on the balcony. Next Wendy fixed my breakfast of toast and cheese and fruit. Today she made me avocado toast and yoghurt. Right after breakfast, Ken went to find them a choice palapa. Wendy joined him after a second cup of coffee with me. By then, Ian and Rita would have joined us. Around 10:30 or 11, Wendy would join Ken at the beach while I stayed and read. Sometime after 1:00, Wendy came up to make lunch. She took a sandwich down to the beach for them. And she left me a wonderful lunch. She joined me by the pool late in the day and I held her arm as I walked up to the condo. Whenever we walked anyplace away from Playa, I look her arm to keep me steady. Ken always walked ahead of us to tell me of any rough patches. Wonderful Wendy and Ken had a good vacation in the warm air and my life was made easier by their presence here in Mexico. Their visit with me was mutually beneficent which makes for a good system. But most of all, we had fun. Now they are home in Ancaster. The cats are happy. And I miss them.

No comments: