Monday, February 24, 2020

February 24, 2020. Playa Royale, Mexico. A Morning at the Spa.

Rita and I indulged our selves. When I turned 50, the agents gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure, a manicure and a facial. I have been having pedicures ever since but have never again gotten either a facial or manicure. But this morning, Rita and I went to the spa at the golf club for our morning at the spa. First we sat on lounge chairs drinking cucumber water and eating nuts while wearing a beige gown. We were so busy we forgot to have a hot tub. They keep the place dark which meant that I needed to keep tight to Rita';s arm. After more cold cucumber water we went for our treatment. First was the massage. I had not had a massage for years so I enjoyed it thoroughly. There were many reasons why I had not been having massages but now I am hale and hearty so was up for a massage. About ten years ago I was having a massage when the therapist pushed extra hard on my shoulders and tipped the cot with my head heading to the floor. Fortunately, I was caught because I certainly was in no position to catch myself. Nothing untoward occurred today. After my massage, all I needed to do was stay on my back for the facial. I have no idea what the therapist put on my face but I know my facial took as long as the massage. Many different things were out on my face and then removed. I actually fell asleep during the process. We were both told to not wash our faces for four hours. Ian, Kathy and Ted met us at the golf club for lunch. All three told us that we had been transformed. But I do not believe them.

No comments: