Saturday, August 1, 2020

August 1, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Saturday.

I have not ever gotten used to being by myself all day, especially here where I am used to having friends drop in to say hello. But I have learned to enjoy myself. This morning I talked on the phone for almostan hour with friend Sara Lou. It was just like having a cup of coffee together. I was still finishing my apple for breakfast when Gill wal;ked over to say goodbye. She is spendiong the month of August in New Jersey with Tim, Kate and the children. She will have a good time, plus she will be a huge help with the grandchildren. But when she returns on September 2, she will be again quarwntined for two weeks. As I leave on the 25th, we will see very little of each other this summer. So by 1:00 on thi Saturday, I have been reading and talking. Next I walked around both inside and outsode. And I ate the leftover lunch from Liverpool Pizza for lunch. I always watch TV when I eat my meals, except for breakfast when I read. What a surprise today to watch hockey. These ae complicated by the virus but the Stanley Cup playoffs started today. I watched a period between the Hurricans and the Rangers. Such fun and so fast. After watching golf the last few weekwnds, seeing a speed of a hockey game was startling. So now I have golf, baseball and hockey to watch on TV. Basketball is being played as well but I do not enjoy professional basketball. But now I am in sports heavead. After mynhou test, upstairs I read two chapters of my delightful book. Now afterr I complete my little blog, I will go downstairs, walk a bit outdoors here at home, sit on the deck in the sunshine and finally eat dinner, food cooked by Anna on Friday. While I eat . I will watch hockey and baseball, switching back and forth. And when I am tired of TV I will go upstairs to my confortable bedroom and read some more. So being by myself is not all bad. And I even have charm too.

No comments: