Friday, August 28, 2020

August 28, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Osprey Nest.

I do enjoy going to a new restaurant. Jan and Larry told us about The Osprey Nest in Petite Riviere. They said the food was excellent, which is high praise. They have high standards. They are only open Thursday through Sunday so Friday is our only day. Friday is Anna's day to cook and it usually takes all morning. But today she was not cooking much so we left home in time to drive the shore and find the new restaurant, which we did. The weather was again perfect so we enjoyed our drive along the shore. It was a lovely drive. And the restaurant did not disapppoint. The place is just up from the shore road, in a new subdivision called Atlntic Breeze. The building is new but tries to look old with old barn siding on the walls and wide plank floors. The waitresses were all dressed in black and young. Also energetic and enthusiastic. Their menu looked interesting. I could have ordered several items and been happy but both Anna and I selected their special. We could have eaten outside on their wide deck but at first I could not see any shade. After we sat inside for a bit I finally spotted multiple umbrellas on the back deck. I want them to thrive. This is the first summer they have been in business, which is a tough summer for business with no tourists from the US or other Canadians. I hope the local folks support them. I was pleased...finally...to try out the newest restaurant on the south shore.

No comments: