Tuesday, August 11, 2020

August 11, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Masks.

Once agarn, I am merely an innocent bystander for the use of masks. I never commemnt out loud to any people, except to Anna, nor do I criticicise. I just watch...and smile. Last week, the premier of Nova Scotiam issued the rule that everyone in Nova Scotia must wear a mask at all times when leaving their house and upon entering a business. In discussing this rule with George, he thought the rule was getting ready for people to get used to masks, for when they decided to open the border to Quebec and Ontario, yhus getting rid of the 14 day quarantine. I was especially interested because there is no covid infection in Livewrpool or Queens County and only three people have tested positive in Nova Scotia for the past 6 weeks. Now despite no infection, we are told to wear masks. The exception is for people with medical reasons who were allowed to go maskless. Now everyone is wearing masks, for no good reason other than that the premier so directed. Bizarre things are happening. The other day, Bill and Colette came to pick me up for lunch. No masks in use in the car. When we arrived at the Quardenk, both of them put on their masks and asked me to do the same. Unfortunately, I had forgotten mine. We walked the ten feet to the door, entered, and was asked if I had a mask. I said sno, so they had me sign a paper with my name and phone number. We sat down at the table, ten feet from the door, when both Bill and Colette removed their mask. I said not a word and kept my mouth shut. The same drill occured upon leaving. Put on the mask to walk to the car, then remove it in the car. We were ten feet away from one person, the hostess, who was wearing a mask. We were never close to anyone else. The day before, Anna and I drove to Port Medway to visit a new gift shop and an art show. We walked into the art show., which was in an old barn about 24 by 24 feet, along with a small room attached which was about 12 by 12. When we endtered, a lady was standing in the far corner of the main room talking to a friend. I was irritated because she did not even say hello and welcome. She just kept talking. Anna and I immediated to turned into the small room, as far away as possible from the two ladies. After about five minutes, the lady in charge finally acnowledged us bvy telling us ro put on our masks. There were no other people in the gallery so we said, nicely, that we would stay away from them but we did not bring our masks. That was not acceptable and we were told that the officials told us to wear a mask so we must wear a mask. There only reason was to follow the rules in respect for authority. So we thanked them and left. And we laughed. I first saw masks in use in Japan. It is heir custon to wear a mask when you have a cold so we could see a few people wearing masks on the train or on the street. That was 30 years ago. Now the wearing of masks seems to give a person special feeling of being blessed by a higher being. For sure, if you have and infection, you must wear a mask. And if you are close to many other people, wearing a mask will prohibit getting infected. But the use of the mask has taken an a whole new world of reasons, having nothing to infectiomns. I just smaile and shut my mouth.

No comments: