Friday, August 7, 2020

August 7, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Lunch by J.&.L.

Today at 1:00 lunch arrived in my house. My friends Larry and Jan made and brought lunch. I had invited them to go out with me for lunch but Larry said that they never go out for lunch because his cooking was better than the restaurant so he offered to bring lunch to my house. Today was the day. We had a delightful time. We sat in the living room for a glass of wine, which they brought. And of course we caught up with Liverpool life, such as a shark seen in the mouth of the river. Finally we ate their lunch. Salad with a home made balsamic dressing, home made potato salad and chicken, cooked by Larry on his barbecue. Lunch was delicious. But the best part was their conversation and their company. We had a good time. Finally we talked some more in the living room. Jan put away all the leftover food and left in in my fridge so I have several meals ready for me to enjoy. The unusual aspect of lunch today was the scaping of paint. Two men were preparing to paint so the whole time Larry and Jan were inside with me, we could hear the scaping of their tools. Sometimes we could barely hear ourselves. But both Larry and Jan were impressed with the scraping, which seemed thorough. We cartainly could hear the men at work. But we three enjoyed the good food and the evewn better company. I am so very fortunate to have Jan and Larry as my good friends.

No comments: