Thursday, August 6, 2020

August 6, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Printer.

I needed help. And no one was here except me. I love all the modern technology that we use but I must be told how to use them. I am not good at figuring things out. That would be a gross understatement. I am hopeless when things do not work properly. Sad but true. The other evening I tried and tried to fix my problem with no avail. Once again, I called my friend Joey, the computer man to come to the rescue. Of course, I call him very late at night, because I know he does not answer his work phone at night. The next day he will either call me or just come out to help. I could not believe I was unable to solve my problem. A normal person would have had no issue, but I was stumped. My printer was out of paper and I could not find out how to figure out where to put the new paper in the machine. Ken left paper but he never told me how to load the machine. I feel sure that Christina would had had no difficulty and neither would Regina. But not me. If I have not been told how to do it, I was stumped. I knew it was ridiculous to call a computer expert to come and load my printer, but I did it anyway. Gill was away and Mary MacD. is not leaving home so I depend on good hearted Joey. And of course, I pay him. Joey arrived at noon and quickly showed me what to do. After he got rid of the paper jam, the printer worked like a charm. He did laugh and told me that he had taught me so many skills that I might not need him anymopre. Unfortunately, that will not happen. For the moment, everything in my world of technology is working just fine. Whew.

No comments: