Thursday, August 13, 2020

August 13, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Swiss Chalet.

Every summer, for purposes of nostalgia, Ken and I would eat lunch at The Swiss Chalet in Bridgewater. Years ago in Toromnto, we would dine there with our friends. The food was inexpensive and good. Over the years, when we thought about the Swiss Chalet it always was with a smile. We enjoyed ourselves all those years ago. But we moved to Texas in 1964 where there were no Swiss Chalet restaurants so the memory just stayed in our mind until we moved to Nova Scotia. We were both delighted to find one in Bridgewater. The first time we ate there, Ken asked me why we thought the food was so good. I laughed and suggested that our tastes had changed. But every summer, we made the obligitory meal at The Swiss Chalet. I still ordered exactly what I ate in Toronto all those years ago but Ken ordered from their new expanded menu. Anna and I went there for lunch on Monday and I ate exactly the same orde: half chicken with french fries with double sauce. And I brought half the chicken home to enjoy at supper. I still love their sauce which has never changed and I still think of The Swiss Chalet with pleasaure. They were good times.

No comments: