Monday, August 10, 2020

August 10, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Truck.

The truck is old. 1997 Ford 150. When Ken and I bought a new fancy truck, we brought the old truck to Nova Scotia. All winter, the truck stayed in the garage. At that time we were driving so the old truck was only used every so often. Stephen the mechanic would get the truck before we arrived and make sure it is in good working ordewr. Several years ago the the airconditioner stopped working but we did not fix it because we always had the new truck which did have airconditioning. But a few years ago, we started flying so we were driving with an unconditioned truck. But we convinced each other that as we were living in cool Nova Scotia, we were. comfortable when driving. And for the last few years we were unable to take excursions so all was well. This Spring in Mississippi, I wondered if I should buy a new carfor Nova Scotia, so I would have airconditioning in the truck. Also I like the safety features on the Subaru that I use in Mississippi. But I hated to buy an expensive car and keep it in the garage for 9 months. This summer, Anna and I are taking excursions. And the weather is warm. Again I wondered about buying a new car. In the middle of the night last week, light dawned. I should repair the old truck and replace my old airconditioning system. Stephen told me that I needed a compressor plus a few other things, which he assured me would be expensive. So today Anna and I stopped to talk with a mechanic she usws in Bridgewater. He assured me that with only just over 100,000 mikles on the truck and the truck in good condition, i would be smart to put in a new system. And he thought the cost would not be over $3,000. We also stopped in to find the cost of a new Suburu. I made my decision. Anna drove my truck home today and on Thursday the mechanic will first evaluate, then install the new airconditioning syste,. My real puzzle is why it took so long to think about fixing the old truck? Stupidity was the first answer. Then I realized that until this year, there were always guests driving rental cars with airconditioning so we did not need the old truck for excursions. This summer, Anna and I are venruring furthur afield so we need to be comfortable. It took me awhile but finally, my old truck will have a new airconditioning system. Whoopee!!

No comments: