Friday, August 14, 2020

August 14, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Riverbank.

Last week I was told by my friend Larry that the Riverbank, the restaurant in Mill Village had just opened for breakfast. Due to the virus, they had not opened this summer season. Normally they close for winter and open in April. They food is excellent and the place is charming so I was pleased they were open for breakfast. I called them for a reservation and to confirm that they really were open for breakfast. I got all the right answers. Yes I could make a reservation and yes, we are open for breakfast but with limited breakfast optiomns. So I called my friend Sandra to see if she could join me on Thursday for breakfast at the Riverbank. "I love going out for breakfast,"said Sandra so we made a date. She would pick me up at 9:45 because they open at 10:00. When we sat down, the waitress brought us their full menu, which surprised me because I thoiught they only served breakfast. In actual fact, they are open from 10 to 2:30 and you can order anything from their menu but they only have one breakfast item on their menu. So I laughed. I got my questions answered but I only asked one question, not the question I should have asked: "Are you open for lunch?" Sandra and I enjoyed our large breakfast. And we sat right beside the window overlooking the river. The coffee was delicious so Sandra bought a pound to take home. They roast their own beans. Next time I will go for lunch, now that I have the correct information. I did laugh at myself for getting correct answers to my incomplete questions. Once again...kept me humble.

No comments: