Monday, August 17, 2020

August 17, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Propane Stove.

During the night we got rain. Finally. and it rained all morning too. I was still reading in the living room at noon and realized that my legs were chilly. I checked my phone for the weather report and discovered that the temperarture in Queens Coiunty was 59. I decided that turning on the propane stove in the middle of August was silly, but I turned it on anyway. The wind was blowing hard too. The propane stove warmed me up and dried out the living room. In addition to the heat, the stove looked glowing orange which looked great. I turned the stove off when I went upstairs in the middle of the afternoon to put up my legs. When I returned at 4:30, I noted that the room was again cool, which surprised me because when the room gets warm it generally stays warm. I walked around inside the house to exercise my legs. Outside, the weather was still yucky. I have a path in the house to get enough leg exercises. After four turns around the house I realized that the window was open. So I was busily warming the outside with the Propane Stove. At 10:00 I went upstairs and found the room chilly. By now the outside temperature was 55. So I turned on some heat in the bedroom. After I had started reading, I wondered if my bedroom window was open too. Sure enough, it was. So twice in the same day I have heated a room with a window open, which is definately not clever. But I tell yoiu, that propane stove warmed up that living room immediately, whether or not the window was open. That stove was pretty nice on a damp cool August day.

No comments: