Wednesday, August 5, 2020

August 5, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Port Grocer.

Today at noon, I felt as if I was having my own party. To my door was delivered my lunch from the Port Grocer: a pumpkin, ginger soup and a bacon and chicken wrap. I coul hardly belive it. Here in Western Head lunch was delivered to me. Yesterday was another beautiful day so Anna and I dove to Port Medway to walk, then have lunch at the Port Grocer. We parked the truck at the little store and walked to the lightouse park. Several folks were sitting eating lunch outside in the front. The park by the lighthouse is lovely so we enjoyed the walk which included the dock. At first glance, it appeared to be have 2 lobster boats docked, but as we walked the dock we counted 9 large Cape Sable Island lobster boats, just waiting for the next season. The little grocery store has been there for hundreds of years. When we first moved here we ate ice cream in the little store. Five years ago three ladies bought it and fixed it. By last year they served a brisk lunch and dinner along with ice cream and groceries. And it has always been a post office. They now only serve carry out. We could not eat lunch in thei little restaurant. But I discovered they will deliver lunch, which I ordered for myself for today. I could not believe I could receive my lunch lunch right at my house. The food was great but the concept was even better. And I had a party, all by myself.

No comments: