Saturday, August 29, 2020

August 29, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Rain.

Finally, we are getting the much needed rain. It sounds wonderful. I came upstairs at 10 and sat in my comfortable chair intending to read before coming to the computer. But I sat listening to the sound of the rain and was lulled to sleep by the rain pelting on the windows. And I slept in the chair for an hour, something I never do. Rain has been on everyones lips. The waitrtess on Friday mentioned gleefully that we are supposed to get some rain. And the lawn mowing man mentioned last week that business is down because everyone has brown grass that is not growing. Thus not much lawn mowing. He was at the house to figure out what to do with the spave left by Connor. The land is pretty level except for where the keel set so he will fill it in, add top soil and seed the area. And he hoped we wold have rain, which at this point is only a myth, said he. We have not had any substancial rain since I arrived. The only reason why more wells have not run dry is because they had a very wet Spring so the ground has been wet deep down. The rains began at 6 this evening and rained for two hours, a gentle rain. And it stopped so I was fearful we would get no mkore rain. But by 10, when I came up I could hear the rain, but harder. The rain is coming at the windows both at the water side and at the end towards the guest house. And the wind is blowing. The forecast is for the rain to continue all night. I hope that happends. Firstly because we need a really good soaking. And secondly because I love to go to sleep hearing the sounds of the rain. It is a lovely sound, especially when you have a new roof.

No comments: