Wednesday, August 12, 2020

August 12, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Hockey.

I had been watching a bit of golf on Tv, because it was the only sport available. Then I watched a game of hockey. I laughed out loud. I had gone from the sublime to the ridiculous with one switch of the remote. The hockey moved so fast I was unable to keep up withj the pace. It took me awhile to even keep track of the play. Now that I have watched parts of several games I am now enjoying the play. Now I know what people mean they say they can not watch hockey bcause they are unable to follow the play. One evening at David and Suzanne's home, we switched on the Hoiuston baseball game to see the score. Immediately, the Astros scored to even the game. They had scored in the bottom of the 9th, with 2 outs. We decided to watch what would happen but after 5 extra innings with no score we gave up and went to bed. The next morning we discovered the game ended in the 23rd inning. I felt the same way yesterday except this time I watched uintil the bitter end. The Lighjtning was playing the Blue Jackets. Last year, the BJ's swept the Lightning in the first round of the playoffs, even thoiugh the Lightning was expected to play for the cup. Yesterday, after three periods, the score was tied so they played overtime. And they kept going, with no one scoring. Fortunately, the game had started at 2:00. Finally, the Lightning scored but not until the middle of the 5th overtime. So those players played almost 3 full games. One player was on the ice for 60 minutes. They must all be tired today. But it was great fun when the Lightning finally scored. The player who scored the winning goal tried to jump for joy but he was only able to jump up two inched. His legs were done. And so was I.

No comments: