Thursday, February 17, 2022

February 17, 2022. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. Our Pleasant Days.

One by one, we gather on the balcony for breakfast. Wendy is the first one up because she calls to obtain a palapa on the beach for tomorrow. First she makes coffee. Then she calls for the palapa. Then she retreats to the balcony to drink her coffee and read. Kenny and Anne appear next. Everyone makes their own breakfast. Next Ken arrives followed by me., when Wendy makes my breakfast. Sometimes Anne makes pancakes, which she will tomorrow. Or she bakes chocolate scones. Sometimes Wendy makes us all tostatoes with refried beans and cheese. While we finish our coffee, all four work the crossword puzzle together. And they all solve Wordy, each by themselves. Eventually people head off except for me. I stay and read all morning. We five gather for lunch again on the balcony. Either Wendy or Anne decide what we will eat for lunch and we eat together, talking and finishing up the crossword puzzle. At that time of the day the balcony is lovely with a cooling breeze. We often stay there talking until 2:30. Again, Wendy and Ken return to the beach and their palapa while Kenny and Anne either return to their boat or head down to the beach too. I put up my feet for an hour. Then I exercise and walk on the balcony. And at 4:30 I drink my orange drink before walking and reading. We gather on the balcony for sunset food and often a drink. Someone makes the dinner and we eat on the balcony. By the time we have finished dinner, the sky is pitch black and we can see the lights of a few boats out on the Bay. We never turn on the television so our house is quiet. Our days are pleasant but not dramatic. All five like our days and evenings. The weather is always perfect and the company always interesting. There is absolutly nothing not to like. I feel grateful.

No comments: