Saturday, February 19, 2022

February 19, 2022. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. Crossword Puzzles.

I am hopeless. We work a New York Times crossword puzzle every morning at breakfast. Anne downloads several days of puzzles on their boat. She prints them and brings them to the condo where everyone chips in to come up with the word. These four people are good at these puzzles. But not me. I am mostly silent. This evening while eating our sunset food, Anne brought out a new puzzle which was finished before dinner was over. They were having so much fun that Ken asked her to bring out another which she did. With all four making their contributions the puzzle was complete before we finished dessert. Dave and Irene work a crossword puzzle every morning over breakfast. Actually they work two: one from The Globe & Mail and the othr from the New York Times. They sit on the couch in the living room and eat breakfast and only get up when the puzzles are complete. Some how I did not catch the bug. I enjoy listening the conversations here in Mexico but are usless to help. I was never good at those puzzles anytime but after I lost my words I got much worse. I struggle to find words to speak let alone find the word for the puzzles. The bottom line is that these four young folks are much smarter than me at those puzzles. It is fun for me to watch their expertise. And I marvel.

No comments: