Friday, February 4, 2022

February 4, 2022. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. Walking the Balcony.

Every day I walk on the balcony of my condo. I walk three or four laps every time, and I do it several times a day, generally for a total of eight. People ask me why I walk on the balcony because the grounds of the condo is all paved and level. The parking area surrounds the building so in the past I have walked on the parking lot. I started walking the balcony the year Ken was ill, which was 2018. He walked the balcony along with his nurse so I went out and walked with them, except not at his speed, which was slow. I got used to walking the balcony along with Ken and i have been doing it ever since. The balcony extends the whole width of my building three which is the largest of the towers. From the balcony you can see the mountains. And there is always a breeze. One lap takes 500 steps so if I complete eight laps I have walked for 4000 steps. With just walking around the condo or going down to the pool I walk around 5000 or 6000 steps a day, which is OK for me. The reason I walk on the balcony has to do with safety. One one side of the balcony is a railing so mostly I walk close to the railing. On the other side of the balcony ia a wall so either side allows me to steady myself if I suddenly lurch. There are only two places I avoid which are the stairs. I stay well away from both sets of stairs. The rest of the time I can walk along quickly without bothering to look at the floor. I almost never see anyone when I am getting my exercise so I am free as a breeze, enjoying the sights and the cool breeze. Of course, the view never changes so it a bit boring but I sing to myself to keep amused. Whenever we go out of the resort, I have Wendy by me so I am safe but here at Playa I feel most secure walking the balcony. It does seem wierd but it works for me.

No comments: