Saturday, February 26, 2022

February 26, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. The Journey Home.

The experience at the airport in Puerto Vallarta was excellent. The taxi driver hailed a young man with a wheel chair just as I was getting out of the cab. The young man stayed with me all the way to the gate, right from checking in through security and finally to the gate. In years past, we have experienced crowds of people and long lines. But not yesterday. The whole experience was perfect. I know to take over two hours in the Dallas airport to get from one plane to the next. Fortunately, I booked a three hour layover because I would have missed my flight with a two hour layover. The airport was a zoo. The place was jammed with people because the day before, Dallas had freezing rain so all flights were cancelled on Thursday. Everyone who missed their flights on Thursday were at the airport along with every passenger for Friday. Unfortunately, the staff was not increased which meant for long lines everywhere. In Dallas, we had to clear cuatoms and immigration plus go through security. Just getting through security took thirty minutes even though the wheel chair cut to the front of the line. From the time I got off the plane from Puerto Vallarta until I was at the gate for Jackson took two hours. But I was lucky because I planned ahead. Wendy arranged all my documents when entering the US and I had a copy of my negative covid test which was given to the airline official in Mexico. So I sailed through all check points. And every plane left and arrived on time. My Lyft driver Christ was waiting for me at the airport so I arrived home in a timely fashion. Jackson was chilly yesterday so last night I slept with a flannel night shirt and heavy wool socks. Today, everything in the house is warm so I am comfortable. Soon I will shower in my own shower which will give me great pleasure. My journey home was a success.

No comments: