Saturday, December 10, 2022

December 10, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Christmas/Birthday Party.

 Every year for many years, early in December I host a party, both for my birthday and to begin the Christmas season.  Every year since we moved to Mississippi, we have had the same party.  We invite our friends and their children.  For the past few years I have held the party at the Yacht Club, just down the street.  The food was so good last year that we decided to repeat the same menu so I had nothing to do except book the date.  Tonight was the night for the party.  It was a great success.

The children are seldom invited to Christmas parties so it is special for them.  One of the pleasures of the evening is to watch the young people growing up so nicely.  I only see them once a year, at this party so it is fun to watch them from across the room.  And of course they always come over to thank me to invite them.  I enjoy the evening.

The food was great.  The company was excellent.  I sat in one place and chatted as folks stopped by to say hello.  A week ago I was in the hospital.  But tonight I hosted the party.  Hats off to the doctors.  

No comments: