Wednesday, December 7, 2022

December 7, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. My Birthday.

Yesterday was my birthday.  I turned 85.  My Grandmother Bought lived to be 95.  My Brother Dave is 90.  But I am the oldest person other than those two who ever got to be so old.  Amazing really to have lived so long.  I like being old, despite my health issues.

My birthday was pleasant even though I did nothing fancy.  My neighbor Donna brought lunch and we sat in the living room and enjoyed our good food from Arbys.  And we always enjoy each others company.  Beautiful flowers arrived from Suzanne and David, just in time for lunch.  I talked on the phone with family and friends.  And I read my birthday texts and e mails. So I had a quiet but pleasant day on my 85th birthday.  Quiet but pleasant can not really get much better.

Today, Linda, Christinas mother brought me lunch and again we enjoyed sitting in the living room enjoying our good food and good company.  Extended celebrations are always the best so today I celebrated my birthday with Linda.   On Saturday night I will host a Christmas party at the Yacht Club just down the road.  Again, I will celebrate my birthday.  Pretty nice.  

No comments: