Monday, December 5, 2022

December 5, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Opps. My Pants Fell Down.

I arrive at the hospital wearing a pair of Depenz.  So of course it was put into the trash.   In my private room, I had a commode chair right beside my bed and I wore only a hospital gown in bed where I spent the bunk of my time.  For meals I sat on a chair but a bed pad was put on the chair.  But coming home, I had no underwear.  I was wearing a night shirt and robe.  So we asked for underwear.

The nurse gave me a pair that had no elastic but had snaps.  She hooked me up and we thought all was well.  However, when I transferred to the car from the wheelchair my new pants fell right down to my ankles.  Christina was at the wheel and was laughing.  I was trying to extricate my feet from the underwear and was laughing.  The nurse was the only one who did not think it was funny.  Of course, she was trying to be sure I did not fall so she was afraid to help with my underwear around my feet.  Eventually I was able to kick my feet away from my pants.  And Christina and I drove home with my underwear on my lap.

Of course, The car was at the main entrance of the hospital with lots of comings and goings.  Which made the whole scene even funnier.  You just never know what will happen next in a hospital.

No comments: