Friday, December 16, 2022

December 16, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. My Good Neighbor.

 Donna is my across the street neighbor.  She has been a good neighbor.  We go out for lunch once a month just to be sure to get together.  She was a nurse so when I needed to check my glucose levels each day twice a day, and my evening helper was fired, I asked Donna if she would come across the street to check my levels every evening and on morning and evening on the weekends.  And she agreed and has been doing it for the past ten days.

But beginning this week, she has also brought me dinner.  She told me that as she was already coming to see me, she decided to also bring me dinner.  So every evening she has brought me a delicious home cooked dinner which I have devoured.   Every evening about 7:00 Donna comes over to check my levels.  Then she brings me a tray with my dinner.  And we have a short visit.  Last evening, her daughter Anne Avery came too which I enjoyed too.  

Portia always sets out food for my dinner when she leaves at 2:00  But nothing is as good as eating home cooked dinners from my neighbor.  I am enjoying the cooking.  And I am grateful for my neighbor Donna.  I feel very fortunate.

No comments: