Wednesday, December 14, 2022

December 14, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Christmas Cards.

 I actually enjoy writing Christmas cards.  I like to ponder each person and remember how important that person was to me all those years ago.  And I write each person a little note.  But this year will be different because I have no cards.  Christina ordered my cards but they will be delivered the day after I leave.  So I am going to have Christmas in March.  When I return to Mississippi the cards will be waiting for me.  And I write them and send them upon my return.

This will be the first time in my adult life that I will miss sending Christmas cards.  It seems weird.  I am enjoying receiving the cards so far and I feel like shouting out to tell my friends that my cards are coming...later.  I feel sure that folks will think that I have gone to heaven.  But they would be wrong.  I will be in Mexico enjoying the 80 degrees and sunshine.  And sooner or later I will write my cards for Christmas 2022.  And I will mail those cards in March.  I promise.

No comments: