Thursday, December 29, 2022

December 29, 2022. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Bathing.

The easiest place for me to shower is in my Mississippi home.  I have hand holds on the four walls of the shower plus one outside the shower so getting in and out is easy as well as holding on to when showering.  I have discovered that the older I get, the more difficult is for me to shower.  My bedroom in the Villa has a large shower but there is not a hand hold in sight.  So showering is difficult, if not impossible.  Once again, Wendy stepped in to help.

Wendy found a plastic chair on an outside balcony on the second floor which fits perfectly into the shower.  She wears her bathing suit in my shower and after she gets the water hot I sit on the chair and I scrub.  There is a hand held shower with a long wand which easily reaches me in the chair.  Wendy hands me the water and I rinse off.  Then she washes my hair.  And I wash my face.  We are quite a sight.  When I am all clean and Wendy turns off the water, Wendy wraps me in big towels, one on my head and the other around my shoulders.

Next I sit on a towel in a chair in my bedroom while Wendy goes upstairs to get out of her wet bathing suit.  But first she put a towel over my legs so I would be warm.  And I drip dry.  I am quite a sight wrapped from top to bottom with big white towels.  I suggested to Wendy that I could have a picture taken for my Christmas card and call it "After the Bath".  But no one thought it a good idea, except me.  But the most important aspect of this whole exercise is that I am clean and fresh, all done with my Wonderful Wendy.

No comments: