Monday, December 12, 2022

December 12, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Chemo Therapy.

My Oncologist is upset.  She does not want me to go to Mexico.  And here is the reason.  My new chemo was a big part of my glucose spike which put me in the hospital.   While I was in the hospital and until my levels went down, I took no chemo.  And my glucose levels were under 200.  But Friday night I started the chemo and for a few days, all was well.  My levels stayed under 200, between 150 and 180.  But this morning  the level was higher, at 235.  So we will watch for a day or two and if it stays too high, I will not be able to take that chemo.

The Oncologists problem is that as I am leaving on Sunday, she is not able to start a new chemo which she must monitor as I started the new medication.  I suggested to her that I go to Mexico with no chemo, which does not please her.  But today she admitted that that is what I will probably be doing.  So for the next few days we will watch my levels.  Portia checks first thing in the morning and my neighbor comes and checks in the evening.  

Dr. Sheehan, my Oncologist knows that in 2015 the young Oncologist in Puerto Vallarta administered my infusion therapy and did a fine job.  I just might contact her to see if she is still there.  The Mexican doctor was the first person who told me that breast cancer is a manageable disease.  And she was right.  We have been managing the disease ever since.  So here we ho.  Another adventure.

No comments: