Thursday, December 15, 2022

December 15, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. The Dimmer Switch.

 The dimmer switch caught me again.  Several years ago, shortly after Chantes installed a new overhead light in our bedroom, the light stopped working.  I assumed that a defective light was installed and the light that was supposed to be a long life bulb had already burned out.  So I called Chantes, my handyman..  He asked me to check the dimmer switch, which I did.  I did not even know the new switch had a dimmer switch.  Sure enough, I had inadvertently pushed the dimmer off.  And the light worked.  We moth laughed.

This week, the same light would not work.  But as I was leaving Mississippi, I decided to call Chantes upon my return so I just put up with dim light in the bedroom.  Yesterday afternoon, the light was working.  I asked Portia how she was able to get the light to work and she said that she turned up the dimmer switch.  Duh.  I had forgotten all about that little dimmer switch.  Now that light works just fine.  And I once again am reminded to keep humble.  Now perhaps the next time the light will not work perhaps I will be reminded to push the little button on the side of the switch so I can turn up the dimmer switch.  Or maybe not.

No comments: