Saturday, December 17, 2022

December 17, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Portia.

Portia has been my helper since I returned to Mississippi in mid October .  I knew I had a good one the first day when she asked me to bring coffee.  i gave her the four steps needed to operate the coffee maker.  And she did it without asking for further directions.  I was impressed because everyone asks for more directions.  So I asked her if she was smart.  Her response was not arrogant.  She said,"I have always done well at school."  And indeed, Portia has been a winner for me.

Portia is fun and funny and enjoys her life and working with me.  She is a pleasure to be with.  I am all set for my journey because Portia has organized each case.  I would describe what needed to be done and she carried out the activities.  So bit by bit, we got everything done.  Yesterday we obtained the last of my medications.  Now they are packed carefully in my small carryon case.  She even set out my morning medicines for today.  So now the only thing I need to do is pack my chargers and the computer cord, plus my reading glasses.  Then close the case.  And I will be ready.

Tomorrow Chris will pick me up at 4:45 to go to the airport and the flight to Houston and then on to Puerto Vallarta.  It will be a long day.  But we will be there where the temperature will be 80 degrees and sunny.  Wendy, Ken, Alana and Nick arrive the day after at 6:00pm.  Then our Villa will be full.  and we will begin to enjoy Mexico.  So here I go.  Portia will return to help be when I return March 11.  She has been an excellent helper to me.

No comments: