Tuesday, December 27, 2022

December 27, 2022. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Our Villa.

 Six years ago, we stayed in a Villa.  Ken and I, Wendy and Ken, Katey and Brock and Alana were here.  And we had a great time.  What we remember about that vacation was that the place was beautiful and spacious, and that we had our own pool that we all enjoyed.  What we had forgotten was the steps.  I recalled long circular stairs to the second floor, and that was all.  That year, Ken and I stayed in the bedroom on the first floor and gave the massive master suite to Wendy and Ken.  My Ken was not up to the long set of stairs to the second floor.

Chris and I walked into the entrance foyer.  Then into the kitchen.  I discovered to my horror that there were three steps from the kitchen to the dining room.  With no railings.  Then I looked at the living room only to find two more steps into the living room and back patio.  At least there was a railing for those steps.  I have no recollection of those multi levels in this lovely Villa.  Wendy also did not remember thee steps in the main rooms although she does remember the long set of winding stairs to the bedroom level.

So I am not able to go into the kitchen by myself which is fine because I never go into the kitchen.  My bedroom is on the dining room level so I can get into my bedroom and bath by myself and using the railing plus a couch I can get over to my spot on the couch.  We leave my walker at the top of the stairs.  If I want to go outside, I must either take someones arm or bring my walker down the two stairs.  So I can manage very well even with these two sets of stairs.  I just cannot get to the front door by myself.  I need help.

Our Villa is now half full.  Wendy, Ken and I are still enjoying our Villa.  This is a nice place.

No comments: