Thursday, August 10, 2023

August 10, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Action.

This morning, my house was a bee hive of activity.

At 8:00, Champion Gutters started working to install gutters.  I ordered the work a year ago but the poor man was so backed up that it took until today to begin the installation.  This house had partial installation but now the whole house has gutters.  By 1:00 the job was complete.

David N. was here with his grandson to work on my shingles.  His grandson has been scraping and painting the iron fence and the bell and sign holder.    He also painted the tall lights.  I look very spiffy.

At 9:00, my guests were loading their cases into their car.  They have rented a small SUV and with four big cases plus 4 carry on bags fitting the cases into the car is a trick.  But by 10:00 they were ready to head to Halifax.  Their plan was to pick up coffee and breakfast at Tim Hortons, then spend the day in the city before staying at the airport hotel  before boarding their early flight home.

John, my lawn cutting man appeared mid morning to cut the grass.  And to bring me an invoice .  He is a new worker for me.  He is a cousin of David.  And John has done a great job.  

So my home was a busy place.  Progress has been made today which pleases me. By mid afternoon, the only people working were  David and his grandson.  But my gutters look great as does the yard.  And my house is silent again.

No comments: