Friday, August 18, 2023

August 18, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Rain.

The rain began at midnight last evening.  And it rained throughout the night.  Every time I woke up, I could hear the rain, which is a nice sound in the middle of the night.  But all day today  the rains kept coming.  Often the rain was hard.  Ruth R. walks every morning before breakfast but not today.  By 1:00 Walt sent a picture of the flooded parking lot in front of the Hardware store.  But still it rained.  Ruth never was able to take a walk.  And still it is raining at almost 11:00.  The forecast tells us the rain will stop at 3:00.  We will see.

My pond is full.  We could not even go out to see our new big fish today due to the rain.  Tomorrow should be alternately sun and clouds which will be good.  I actually love the rain but enough is enough.  We have had a tremendous amount of rain this summer.  The Spring was dry so we are making up for the dry early months.  This is the most rain I have ever experienced here at Western Head.  And still it rains.  I am amazed. 

No comments: