Saturday, August 12, 2023

August 12, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. A Baseball Outing.

This evening, the Houston Astros played the San Francisco Angels in Houston, at 6:00.  David and Suzanne along with Allison and boyfriend Simon attended that game.  And I watched the game on television.  They drove to Houston from San Antonio this morning, just for the game.  Their plan was to get to the stadium early enough to be the first 30,000 fans to receive a Tucker sweat shirt and to watch batting practice.  Their hotel is close to the stadium.  Then tomorrow, they had reservations at Brennans, one of the best restaurants in Houston.  They they will drive home.

Allison played softball at school from the 7th to 12th grades.  And she enjoys watching baseball on TV.  So before she returns to University for her senior year, they are having a baseball outing in Houston.  I watched the game until the 7th inning but I live in the Atlantic time zone so I was forced to bail out when the Astros were ahead 7 to 2.  Now I must wait until tomorrow to find the final score.  No matter the score, I always stayed until the last out and I also liked to get to the stadium early enough to see batting practice.

This baseball outing sounds wonderful  I would have loved to be part of the party.  But for 6 innings I enjoyed the game on TV.  That was nifty too. 

No comments: