Wednesday, August 9, 2023

August 9, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Cheating on Food.

 My glucose levels are well below 150.  Today was 121.  And yesterday was 134.  And that is with no Metformin.   I am also taking no chemotherapy.  So for the first time since I was first diagnosed with high glucose levels, I am sneaking in some forbidden foods.  This morning I ate a small amount of friend potatoes .  And two days ago I ate rice.  I have been eating the English Muffin with the egs benedict too.  And my levels have stayed low.

But to really cheat, I ate a slice of banana nut bread, made by friend Mary.    No problem this morning at testing time.  I have yet to eat anything really sweet such as ice cream of carrot cake.  And I do limit the amount of carbohydrate that I eat.  But so far, even though I am cheating on all the forbidden foods, my glucose levels stay low.  This is progress indeed.  

No comments: