Saturday, August 19, 2023

August 19, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Playing Cards.

Every evening after dinner, which includes dessert, Doreen and Ruth R. play a card game, Dummy Rummy.  They have fun and they take turns winning and losing.  I do not join them in their game, perhaps because of my vision.  But the truth is that I do not even try.  But it is fun for me just listening to their hoots and hollers.

We played card games growing up but never with actual playing cards.  For some reason, we played Rook but not actual playing cards with hearts and spades.  When the boys were young, we played a lot of games including poker.  We used a rule book and learned the games from that book because neither Ken or I were brought up playing cards.  One day when we were skiing in France, the ski hill was closed because of all the snow so the boys and I played cards all day.  And all evening.  Believe it or not, I lost every game even though we played many different games.  But I lost every time.

Often, I come up to my bedroom while Doreen and Ruth continue their game.  And they turn out alll the lights.  They enjoy their games.

No comments: