Wednesday, August 30, 2023

August 30, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Stones # Two.

 A small tray sets on my buffet.  My brother brought that tray from Japan and gave it to me.  That was many years ago.  I have used it ever since.  But when I brought the little tray to Nova Scotia, I turned it into  Japanese rock garden.  I have enjoyed it ever since.

Objects in a Japanese rock garden should have lots of space so my objects were few in number.  Three small smooth stones at one end.  A sand dollar and a sea urchin in the center and a flat stone at the other end.  On top of the flat rocks I placed a few tiny shells.  And that was all.

But over the years, my stones increased to 7.  And the tiny shells have grown too.  Now there is a separate group of tiny shells close to the sea urchin.  And the flat stone is covered with little shells along with a few very small and smooth stones.  No one has ever admitted to adding to my Japanese Rock garden.  And I certainly have not brought any additions.  

Soon, I must whittle down the number of stones on the small tray.  The goal is to keep the spaces empty.  But not yet.  At the moment, my little Japanese garden pleases me.  But I do wonder how my stones are multiplying, just as the window sill collection.  Makes me wonder.

No comments: