Thursday, August 24, 2023

August 24, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. A Diabetic Diet.

I have been eating a strict diabetic diet since mid December, 2022.  Wonderful Wendy made sure I was eating properly.  But still my glucose levels stayed high.  So I was forced to taking medications to reduce my glucose levels.  And it worked.  I ate no carbs.  I ate no sugar.  I ate a healthy diet.  And all was well.

But since late in July , I am not taking any chemotherapy.  My glucose levels have dropped.  First I stopped any meds to bring down my glucose level.  Next I stopped taking Metformin, the diabetic medication.  And still my levels remain between 115 and 130, which is normal.

Beginning two weeks ago, I started eating a small amount of carbs.  I eat toast.  And potatoes.  And even banana nut bread, made by friend Mary Mac.  Today to celebrate, Anna and I went to the ice cream store where we ate an ice cream dish.  So far, my glucose level has stayed at a normal level.  Tomorrow morning I will be interested to find my level.  Soon when I return to Mississippi I will doubtless return to chemo, which will increase my level.  But at the moment, I am enjoying eating regular food.  Nifty.

No comments: