Friday, August 4, 2023

August 4, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Health Update.

Ian is now home after 4 days in the hospital.  His urine showed more blood .  This time they put him to sleep and cauterized the tear.  All is well now but he must take things easy for several weeks.

My glucose levels have come back to normal.  I am not taking chemo so my glucose levels have come down.  I stopped any medication to lower glucose levels and when my numbers were below 150 consistently I stopped taking Metformin all instructions given me by Dr. Gregg.  I an eating a bit of carbs too.  My resting heart rate had dropped to 60 so we went back to half dose of the heart medicine.  Now it is 78 right now.  So I am doing well.

But now for the first time in my life,  one week ago my feet and ankles became swollen. I have increased my walking, increased my intake of water and started elevating my feet several times in the day.  Apparently, something new always pops along.  My friends here think I look much better than I did last October.  So all is well with me, except for my feet and ankles.  This too shall pass.

No comments: