Sunday, August 27, 2023

August 27, Western Head, Nova Scotia. Friends Who Stop By.

 One of the pleasures of living at Western Head in Nova Scotia it the proximity of my friends.  My best buddies are within walking distance of my house, so they pop into my house just to say hello.  Sometimes they stay for five minutes and other times they stay longer.  But their visits are a highlight of my day.  And they bring me great joy.

For instance, today at 11:30, Gill stopped in during her daily walk.  Very often, she stayed only ten minutes but today she stayed and talked for ages.  She had not yet seen my latest piece of art  now hanging on my wall.  It is a piece given to me by my Maryland friends, called The Glass Ceiling and made by a stain glass artist whose studio is in downtown Liverpool.

Then at 5:00 friend Wendy walked over with one of her dogs so she stayed for a visit.  And we talked.  And I enjoyed her company.  And of course I always like to see Jamie, her newest dog..  He is a short haired collie and is very handsome.  This is only the second year I have seen Jamie so I was pleased to see them both.

Yesterday, Sue and Steve,  who live just along the shore came for a visit.  They brought two bowls for me, one a bowl of salad and the other a bowl of fruit.  And we sat in the living room and talked for an hour.  After they returned home I devoured their good food.  I enjoyed every bite.

I never know what will happen next here at my house by the sea.  I especially appreciate the visits from my good friends.  This never happens in Mississippi.

No comments: