Monday, August 7, 2023

August 7, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Weekends.

 My weekends are different here at Western Head because of two things.. I have no helper so I must fend for myself.  And even when I have guests, Tina, the caterer does not bring dinner.    What we do  is go out to eat.  We eat a big breakfast.  Then we go out for a late and ample lunch.

On Saturday my guests took me to the Quarterdeck.    Lynn and Margo ate fish and chips and enjoyed it while Larry and Butch ordered a lobster roll, which was not very good.  I ate a salad followed by scallops and shrimp.  Everyone loved the look of the restaurant.  And they liked the view even better.  For supper we ate smoked salmon, capers, creamed cheese and onions.  It was a perfect meal.  Butch said that the smoked salmon was the best he had ever eaten.

On Sunday we went to White Point Resort.  Everyone loved the place.  We sat in the lounge  because we were late.  Butch and Larry ate fish and chips.  And Butch ate a bigger meal  that he has eaten for years.  After we finished our meal, Butch and I sat by the fire while the other three walked the beach.  All four of them were impressed with White Point.  The place was busy with everyone having a good time.

My weekends are pleasant and fun but nothing happens by itself.  I must figure out what we will do.  Kind of fun.  

No comments: